Did you know extreme heat causes more deaths a year than hurricanes, lightning, tornadoes and floods COMBINED?! Crazy, right? Summer is right around the corner & 100+ days are coming our way. Here are a few tips to help you beat the extreme heat.
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Wear lightweight, light colored clothing
- Take cool showers
- Drink more water
- Avoid alcoholic & sugary drinks
- Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink
- Keep an eye on the weather forecast
- Know when it’s time to take a break
- Learn the symptoms of heat related illnesses
Comment below and let us know what you do to combat blistering hot days!